The Historic Sites Association has announced the student winners of theie 2017 Design and Story Contest. Marystown Central High School Grade 10 student Olivia Blake won the overall provincial prize for her entry, 'Newfoundland Fairytale.' Six regional winners were also announced, including:
- Avalon - Julia Brake (Grade 10, Gonzaga High School)
- Burin - Katelyn Butler (Grade 5, Sacred Heart Academy)
- Vista - Mark Butt (Grade 5, Anthony Paddon Elementary)
- Central - Jasmine Neal (Grade 8, Smallwood Academy)
- Western - Jada King (Grade 5, Our Lady of Mercy Elementary)
- Labrador - Erica Jacque (Grade 9, B.L. Morrison All Grade)
Congratulations to all who particiapted. More information on the contest and to see and read each of their entries, please visit the Historic Sites website here.