VisionThe Eastern School District empowering all students to achieve and succeed.
MissionBy June 30, 2017, Eastern School District will have enhanced the learning environment so that all students can achieve in the 21st century within a healthy and active, safe and caring and socially-just environment.
Our Core ValuesCore values are the soul of a district. They are what the District and its schools stand for, what they hold dear, what they believe in. Core values inform both mission and vision and as such are indispensable to strategic planning. Core values are often expressed in a group of several statements that begin with phrases such as “we believe,” “we care about,” “we value” or “we commit to.” We cannot get people to “buy into” our values. We can only seek people who are predisposed to share them.
The core values of the Eastern School District are the fundamental principles that guide behaviour and decision making. The values of the Eastern School District are student- centered, as it is the students of the Province that the District is serving.
- Student Centred: Each person will work to ensure that the success of all students is maintained as our highest priority.
- Quality Service: Each person provides timely responses to stakeholder requests and needs.
- Respect: Each person will ensure a safe, welcoming, inclusive environment that nurtures student achievement and responds to stakeholder needs in a caring, thoughtful, and considerate manner.
- Innovation: Each person will encourage and embrace new ways that challenge traditional methods to ensure that our students and staff are exposed to leading edge/state-of-the-art inspiring/stimulating programs and technology.
- Accountability: Each person will act in a socially, legally, and fiscally responsible manner.
- Openness: Each person will work to ensure a transparent decision-making process and develop effective communications among students, staff, family, and the community.
- Integrity: Each person will be open, honest, and ethical by sharing information with a commitment to being open and transparent with all stakeholders.
- Social Justice: Each person will ensure that the principles of social justice are applied in all decision making, policies, and practices.